This course prepares you to operate a NetApp® SnapProtect® CommCell with the following clients: NAS, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Exchange, VMware® vCenter and other virtual server clients. The administrative best practices for trouble-free operation are emphasized throughout the course.
This course is designed for customers, NetApp Professional Services, partners, and Customer Success engineers.
- Certification as a NetApp Data Management Administrator
- Completion of two courses:
- SAN Fundamentals on Data ONTAP and
- Either: Data ONTAP 7-Mode Administration or Clustered Data ONTAP Administration
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
Register to Course
- Define and describe SANs that use FC, FCoE, and iSCSI protocols
- Configure Windows Server 2012, Red Hat® 6.4, and Data ONTAP® systems for iSCSI connectivity
- Configure Windows Server 2012, Red Hat 6.4, and Data ONTAP systems for FC and FCoE connectivity
- Use FC and iSCSI protocols to create and access LUNs from Windows Server 2012 and Red Hat 6.4 systems
- Install and use SnapDrive® for Windows and SnapDrive for Linux software to create LUNs and Snapshot™ LUNs, to restore LUNs from Snapshot copies, and to remove LUNs
- Size, clone, back up, and recover LUNs on Windows Server 2012 and Red Hat 6.4 systems
- Troubleshoot SAN connectivity and performance issues