Architecting on AWS covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on AWS. The course is designed to teach solutions architects how to optimize the use of the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions.
This course emphasizes AWS cloud best practices and recommended design patterns to help students think through the process of architecting optimal IT solutions on AWS. Case studies throughout the course showcase how some AWS customers have designed their infrastructures and the strategies and services they implemented.
Bring Your Own Device
Please note that this class requires you to bring your own device. Plan to come to class with the following:
- A notebook computer with Wi-Fi (labs cannot be completed on an iPad or tablet device)
- Administrator access to the computer, if Windows
- Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (IE not supported)
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Make architectural decisions based on the AWS-recommended architectural principles and best practices.
- Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available.
- Leverage AWS managed services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure.
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient in order to increase performance and reduce costs.
- Use the Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions.
This course is intended for:
- Solution Architects
- Solution Design Engineers
- Courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials
- Working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
This course allows you to test new skills and apply knowledge to your working environment through a variety of practical exercises
Register to Course